Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Becoming the Woman God Wants, day 36

Week Six

Financial Planning

Tithe

She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
Proverbs 31: 20-21

Malachi 3

      8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
   9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
   10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

You can only give if there is something in your hands to give.  We need to be financial planners.  Create a budget.  In this chapter she gives us four things to keep in mind.

1. Tithe 10%
2. Save 10%
3. Escape/avoid bad debt.
4. Spend less than you earn.

Affirmation:  I tithe because I know that 90 percent plus God equals more than 100 percent without Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment